Serving healthcare workers since 1957
New Career Opportunities
Environmental Services (EVS) Supervisor (Full Time)
Aramark Healthcare is seeking qualified candidates for an Environmental Services (EVS) Supervisor (Full Time) for an established and well known acute care hospital located in North York.
The EVS Supervisor role is a service profession position that plays a crucial role in our health care line of business. Aptitude and knowledge is a requirement for EVS, but attitude and service orientation are equally essential. Finding employees who understand the duality of the job and have success in demonstrating this would qualify to be ideal candidate/s.
Responsibilities for an EVS Supervisor include daily planning, administering and directing all unit activities related to environmental services and linen.
Complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare teams, regulatory agencies and client. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient and resident care.
- Maintaining effective relationship and demonstrating knowledge of contents per contract.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for Personnel Management Functions such as hiring, training, onboarding, evaluation and performance management of housekeeping employees, on occasion managing terminations in collaboration with HR, prepare work schedules and maintain adequate staffing.
- Inspect cleanliness of facility, sanitation and infection control; take corrective action where necessary.
- Provide supportive leadership; a feeling of complete trust, security, and satisfaction through demonstrations of competence and willingness to serve.
- All departmental spaces to include housekeeping supply and administrative spaces are to be kept in accordance with the Aramark and the facility standards of cleanliness and appearance; all equipment clean, labeled and kept in good repair.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population; demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
- Assist in maintenance of all controls for each of the Aramark programs, to include: Operations Logs and Records, Housekeeping Records, Account Records, Weekly Inspections, Monthly Summary, Monthly Joint Review Meetings, Daily Hour Control, Safety and Systems, etc., in accordance with Aramark and the facility’s directives.
- High School Diploma required. Associate or Bachelor Degree would be preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Environmental Services experience within a Healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated people management skills which include hiring, training and highly skilled in supporting and motivating staff.
- Working knowledge of infection control techniques.
- Strong communication (listening, verbal and written), customer-service, organization and planning skills.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels.
- Complete knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the healthcare environment.
- Interpret and follow technical instructions; complete assignments timely; showing a sense of urgency.
- Membership with OHHA is preferred.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Jeff Canning | Talent Acquisition Partner | Aramark Canada
Deadline to Apply is March 31, 2020
Please E-Mail your Resume/Application to : email@example.com
ARE YOU LOOKING TO CREATE EXPERIENCES THAT ENGAGE & INSPIRE? VISIT
Have a question you would like to ask?
We are available to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to contact us through email or phone at your convenience.