Serving healthcare workers since 1957
New Career Opportunities
SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER EXTENDICARE BAYVIEW
Candidates are invited to apply for the full-time Support Services Manager position at Extendicare Bayview, a 203-bed long-term care home, located in North York, Ontario.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Support Services Manager manages the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments to achieve high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, to provide quality linen service, and to maintain a safe, well-functioning physical plant, all within Extendicare (Canada) Incorporated (ECI’s) policies and procedures, and all applicable standards, legislation and regulations.
- Maintain all aspects of hiring and performance management of departmental staff; scheduling; staff development, including identification and delivery of department specific orientation and training.
- Supervision of contractors’ work to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Preparation and management of departmental budgets; inventory management and control, including purchase of departmental supplies and equipment.
- Maintenance of departmental policy and procedure manuals; full participation in leadership team activities and responsibilities, including participation on teams and committees, and reporting.
- Contract tendering in consultation with ECI consultants, and with approval of Administrator.
- All aspects of management of quality and quantity of services and products provided/ produced by departmental staff.
- All aspects of departmental safety program management, including preventative maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Maintenance of records, statistics, and reports in accordance with ECI and home policies, and all applicable legislation and standards.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- Membership in Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers’ Association (OHHA) an asset
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and/or, if there are none, prevailing practices relating to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance, as applicable
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Environmental services certificate in a recognized program
- Experience in management of human and financial resources an asset
- Experience in a long-term care setting, an asset
- Formal training in building maintenance or Operator B Certificate, an asset.
- Health and safety certification and a strong knowledge of WSIB, an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
CLOSING DATE: January 7, 2020
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Tel: (416)226-1331ext. 217
Have a question you would like to ask?
We are available to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to contact us through email or phone at your convenience.