Serving healthcare workers since 1957
New Career Opportunities
The District Municipality of Muskoka is currently recruiting for a
Manager, Environmental Services
The Pines Long Term Care (LTC) Home is seeking a permanent full-time Manager, Environmental Services. At the Pines our focus is to continually improve care, safety and quality of life in partnership with residents, their families and our community.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Manager, Environmental Services is responsible for the planning, organization, management and evaluation of maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services in accordance with The Pines’ mission, vision, values and legislative and policy and procedure requirements.
The Manager, Environmental Services is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Planning, organizing, managing and evaluating all aspects of housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services in accordance with applicable legislation and regulations.
• Managing employees in a manner consistent with District values, policies and procedures, including selection, orientation, work scheduling, training and performance evaluation.
• Ensuring that employees work safely and in compliance with the relevant statutes and regulations and with the safe work procedures and directives as established by The District of Muskoka and/or the Pines.
• Assisting with the preparation of annual departmental budgets and follow up to ensure operations are within budget guidelines
• Coordinating emergency preparedness management including annual review of emergency preparedness policies and procedures and ongoing completion of all required emergency drills and associated reports.
• Ensuring continued adherence to all codes, regulations, policies and procedures in relation to building, plant and equipment operation, in collaboration with the District’s Facilities department.
• Partnering with the District’s Human Resources department in the successful development, delivery and maintenance of fire, health and safety, and infection control prevention and management plans
• Managing the purchase of services from external contractors, including obtaining and evaluating quotes, awarding and supervising the work, with approval from the Administrator.
Why the Pines?
The Pines is a Class A facility, owned and operated by The District Municipality of Muskoka and located in Bracebridge, the heart of Muskoka. Our cozy and comfortable home encompasses five resident home areas (one secure) and has four wonderful courtyards with plenty of outdoor spaces to roam about. The Pines has been serving seniors with care and dignity in our community since September 1961. Learn more about the Pines by watching our video!
We foster a professional, friendly and supportive team atmosphere and continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. As a four-season municipality, with wonderful schools and facilities, there is plenty for everyone in Muskoka to do, in and out of work. Being an employee of the District family is an opportunity to work with ambitious teams where you can learn, grow, and contribute while building a strong career. We have a strong focus on health & wellness, and we are committed to creating and promoting respect, diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace. Watch our District video to learn more!
What you will bring to us
As a self-directed individual, you will have the knowledge of evidence based and prevailing practices relating to laundry, housekeeping and maintenance. You will also have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulations including the Ontario Long Term Care Homes Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. You will have excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
On the practical side, you will be a graduate of a three-year post-secondary program in a related discipline. You will have four (4) years of directly related experience successfully leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team of staff, preferably in a unionized environment. Membership with Ontario Healthcare Housekeepers’ Association Inc. (OHHA) is an asset.
What We Offer
The District offers a competitive salary package, including a comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, and enrollment in the OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan. We foster a professional, friendly and supportive team atmosphere and continuously strive to provide a working environment where the best people want to work. We have a strong focus on health & wellness, as well as community involvement – the people who work at the District are passionate about the community that they live in! The District is committed to creating and promoting diversity, accessibility and inclusion in the workplace.
The Annualized Salary range for this management position is: $ 80,720 – $ 95,038
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, and can support our Vision and Values of RISE (Respect and Integrity, Innovative Leadership, Synergy and Experiences),
please review the “How to Apply” instructions on our Website and then submit your application: https://www.muskoka.on.ca/en/district-government/Career-Opportunities.aspx
Once you have reviewed the instructions, please click on the “Apply Now” link, next to the posting, to submit your application in the specified format. If an “Apply Now” link does not exist, we are no longer accepting applications to the posting.
POSTING CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 @ 12:00 NOON
The District Municipality of Muskoka is committed to meeting its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the Human Resources department as soon as possible. Accommodation may be provided in all steps of the hiring process.
Any questions regarding this posting should be directed to the Human Resources Department.
Have a question you would like to ask?
We are available to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to contact us through email or phone at your convenience.