THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
Social Services-LTC and SSD Department
Supervisor, Environmental Services
Job ID: 10194
Deadline: April 10, 2018
The Regional Municipality of Durham is currently looking to hire a temporary full-time Supervisor, Environmental Services for Hillsdale Estates long term care home situated in Oshawa, ON.
Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Services, the incumbent will supervise the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services of the home.
• Provide direct supervision of Environmental Services staff
• Assist in setting and achieving departmental and organizational goals and objectives
• Assist in developing policies and procedures
• Schedule employees and projects within a unionized environment
• Liaise effectively within a multidisciplinary team
• Monitor and ensure inventory control systems are effective and accurate
• Conduct audits of the facility and inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the facility
• Coordinate and monitor an effective preventative maintenance program
• Ensure that all applicable legislation, Region of Durham policies and procedures and LTC Standards are adhered to by staff
• Act as Manager of Environmental Services during their absence
• Post-secondary education in Environmental Services Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Membership with the OHHA is an asset
• Knowledge of Quality Improvement processes and related tools
• Minimum 2 years related supervisory experience in a long term care setting
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee (PIDAC) best practices
• Working knowledge of HVAC, building systems and equipment found in a long term care setting
• Working knowledge of WHMIS
• Working knowledge of OH&S Act and Regulations
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
Hours of Work:
The incumbent in this position will generally be scheduled to work the Afternoon shift from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm, including alternating weekends from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Sector
A current acceptable Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be required for this position as a pre-condition to employment.
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Please apply online at www.durham.ca and click on the link “Careers”. Applications must be submitted directly to Job #10194 by no later than midnight on the closing date indicated above.
Note: If you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region’s Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Posted March 22, 2018
Closes April 10, 2018